- BRAID Trial
- MyPeBS: My Personal Breast Screening
- Cambridge Cohort (AI in Breast screening)
- AI in Breast MRI
- COVID prediction tools
- Assessing Breast Tumour Vascularity
- Preoperative Breast MRI in Clinical Practice: Multicenter International Prospective Meta-Analysis (MIPA)
- Breast Cancer and C13 Hyperpolariser
There is an active breast imaging research programme under Professor Gilbert’s leadership. Working with the clinical team in the Cambridge Breast Unit and the Cambridge Cancer centre the group undertake studies in early detection – BRAID & MyPEBS trials, Artificial Intelligence and work with the genetics group in the EMBED study.
Using functional imaging the group are interested in imaging and measuring the tumour microenvironment and conduct studies in PET with glucose, protein and hypoxia tracers. In MRI dynamic contrast enhancement techniques, diffusion weighted imaging, sodium imaging and hyperpolarised techniques are used.