Department of Radiology, University of Cambridge School of Clinical Medicine.
Contact: Email: A Usman Tel.: + 44 (0)1223 746447
Ammara graduated in medicine with an MBBS from University College of Medicine and Dentistry, Lahore, Pakistan. She also completed her MBA with specialism in finance and accounting. She is currently undertaking research under supervision of Professor Jonathan H Gillard, at the University Department of Radiology, Cambridge, focussing on magnetic resonance imaging of atherosclerotic plaques.
Areas of Interest
- Magnetic resonance imaging of atherosclerotic plaques.
- Applied biomechanics of atherosclerotic plaques.
2015: Addenbrooke’s Charitable Trust Research Grant (for PhD project)
2014: Mountbatten Cambridge International Scholarship
- Usman A, Ribatti D, Sadat U, Gillard JH. From Lipid Retention to Immune-Mediate Inflammation and Associated Angiogenesis in the Pathogenesis of Atherosclerosis. J Atheroscler Thromb. 2015 Jul 8.
- Sadat U, Usman A, Howarth SP, Tang TY, Alam F, Graves MJ, Gillard JH. Carotid artery stiffness in patients with symptomatic carotid artery disease with contralateral asymptomatic carotid artery disease and in patients with bilateral asymptomatic carotid artery disease: a cine phase-contrast carotid MR study. J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis. 2014 Apr;23(4):743-8.
- Sadat U, Howarth SP, Usman A, Taviani V, Tang TY, Graves MJ, Gillard JH. Effect of low-and high-dose atorvastatin on carotid artery distensibility using carotid magnetic resonance imaging -a post-hoc sub group analysis of ATHEROMA (Atorvastatin Therapy: Effects On Reduction Of Macrophage Activity) Study. J Atheroscler Thromb. 2013;20(1):46-56.
- Sadat U, Howarth SP, Usman A, Tang TY, Graves MJ, Gillard JH. Sequential imaging of asymptomatic carotid atheroma using ultrasmall superparamagnetic iron oxide-enhanced magnetic